Saturday, June 7, 2008

Running is in my blood...

I started running since I was in primary school. I ran cross-country in secondary school. At that time, winning meant bringing pride to my school. Only students of champion school got the privilege of sitting at the grandstand, others sat under the sun. Those were the days!
I still love running, it is something I can always do by myself, at my own stamina and speed. I don’t need a partner, just a pair of good running shoes and I can run fast or slow, on the road, in the park, at the stadium, whatever and whenever I like it to be. Most people run a race to see who is the fastest. I run a race to challenge myself to cross the finishing point. Yes, I made it, at Standard Chartered Marathon 2007. I finished Women-10km in 1hr 7min. Isn't it remarkable? I think so, at this age and the amount of weight I have gained :(


The miracle was not about I finished the race, it was that I had the courage to start. Many do not understand why we bother to wake up so early to run a race. Well, it’s not something that can be explained in words, you just have to do it yourself. Join me at Standard Chartered Marathon 2008, maybe I should try the Half Marathon this year :>

"Running is the greatest metaphor for life because you get out of it what you put into."

No comments: