Sunday, June 22, 2008

A lousy weekend...

Yesterday started as usual, woke up at 7am, changed to my running gears and headed for the stadium. However, after crossing the 10th round, I was feeling a bit lousy. Normally, after crossing the 1st 10, my legs would call for another 10... but things weren't the same yesterday. I was like... ran and stop... ran and stop... so I decided to call it a day.

I thought this could be due to my previous few sleepless nights rushing for a proposal. So, after bath, I went for a nap. While I was in a half-asleep, half awake state of mind, I felt chilly and started to shiver. I got up and took my temperature - 37.9 degree. I felt feverish and there were aches and joints pain all over my body.

No, I thought, I could not afford to get sick. I have so many things in my hands. If the proposal goes through, I would have to go to KL for the implementation, and the list goes on... Thus I decided to see a doctor. Normally I would go for "self-administrate", i.e. for fever just take panadol, that's it. The doc's thermometer read 38.2 degree and that wasn't good, he said, “You need to rest”.

Most of us tend to overlook the signals given by our bodies. A fever isn't an illness itself, but it's usually a sign that something out of the ordinary is going on in your body. Fevers aren't necessarily bad. In fact, fevers seem to play a key role in helping your body fight off viral or bacterial infections, sometimes exhaustion. So start listening to your body, it's wiser than you think.

No comments: