Sunday, August 17, 2008

RUN NUS 2008

Not many people know about this run, even my ex-classmates or alumni. This was my first participation in this run. A friend dragged me into it and I kind of 'regretted'.

This was organised by the NUS Students’ Sports Council. Probably that explained why many issues were overlooked. Roads were not blocked thus when you came to a traffic light, you have to slow down or stop, wait for the marshal to stop the traffic, then you crossed the road and continue the run. I can understand this, probably the number of participants (just more than 500 participants in 2007) could not warrant the organizer to request for road close.

There were no water point along the 10km or even 5km route. Next, there were free Cool Rhino Drink at the finishing point in the morning however when we returned from the run, the stock ran out and runners need to buy their own water/drink. This was my first of such thing. The event organiser should know that water supply is the most important item of such event. In most other runs I have participated, water was ample and runners were coaxed to keep drinking and drinking.

No comments: