Sunday, August 23, 2009

An Old Track, My New Trail…

How often do you get to walk along an abandoned railway tracks? I bumped on this old and abandoned railway track at Clementi which became my new trail today - to explore the old Jurong Line.

I have noticed a section of the old Jurong line at the bridge over Sungei Ulu Pandan before and kept wondering why there wasn't any train running along the railway tracks. I wasn't even aware that the railway tracks on those bridges were part of the Jurong line. Then I learnt that the old Jurong line was officially closed on the year 1993.

After crosssing the Sunset Way bridge, a short walk along the track brought us to our final destination - the bridge on the River Ulu Pandan.

Some places are just too memorable to be forgotten even they are covered with tall grasses...





No comments: